During the summer months, the grill is the main source of cooking in our household, without a doubt. However, some cuts of meat just don’t cook the same on the grill, especially chicken drumsticks. I normally either char them to the blackest black or under cook them…maybe it’s just me? Neither is a great option!
I had to share this recipe favorite that I make in the Crockpot year round. Even more so in the summer time, because chicken drummies are always on sale. This is super easy, inexpensive and delicious–it only takes 3 ingredients!
BBQ Ranch EZ Chicken Drummies
- 10 Chicken drumsticks, thawed (somewhere in the ballpark of 3-4 lbs)
- 1 bottle of BBQ Sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue, 18 oz)
- 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Packet
All you need to do:
- Place thawed chicken drummies in the crock pot.
- Cover with lid and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, dump the juices from the pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the BBQ Sauce and ranch packet, and pour mixture over drumsticks.
- Cover again, and cook for 30 minutes more.
That’s it! Talk about simple. The meat practically falls off the bone it’s so tender. Remember to have napkins handy!
I normally pair this meal with some sweet corn on the cob or green beans and head out to the back patio to enjoy 🙂
Happy Summer cooking!